Commercial Banking – Ireland
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a new piece of legislation by the United States Department of Treasury and the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to counter tax evasion in the US. HSBC is committed to becoming fully FATCA-compliant in all countries where we operate in accordance with the legislative timeline.
In Ireland the principles of FATCA have been brought in to our local law. This means that HSBC may need to provide information on US accounts to the local tax authority, The Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
In order to establish your tax status, we need to obtain certain documents. These documents are IRS forms that will enable you to declare and confirm your tax status to us for the purposes of FATCA.
Please send the completed document to us at this address: HSBC Bank Plc, 1 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland. Should you have any problems printing the form please contact our Client Services Team or (if applicable) your dedicated Service Manager.
Please read the information carefully and select the document that you need to confirm your tax status to us.
W-9: This is a link to the withholding certificate referred to as 'W9' on the IRS website. This form is completed to confirm US tax status.
W-8: This is a link to the withholding certificates referred to as 'W8s' on the IRS website. This is a series of forms that are completed to confirm non US tax status.
(Last updated November 2014)
- Frequently asked questionsDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- Glossary Download PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 FormDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN FormDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W8 BEN-E formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN-E customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- Withholding statementsDownload Excel: Link opens in a new window