Commercial Banking – Kuwait
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a new piece of legislation by the United States Department of Treasury (Treasury) and the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to counter tax evasion in the US. HSBC is committed to being fully FATCA compliant in all countries and territories where we operate, in accordance with the legislative timeline. This means that HSBC may need to provide information on US accounts to the United States tax authority, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
In order to establish your tax status, we need to obtain certain documents. These documents are HSBC declarations and/or US tax forms that will enable you to declare and confirm your tax status to us for the purposes of FATCA. We also need your formation documents, for example, your certificate of incorporation or a similar type of document confirming your place of incorporation.
Please send the completed documents to us or hand them in to the team at your local branch. Should you have problems printing the forms you need, please contact your local branch.
Please read the information carefully and select the document that is appropriate to your company. If you are unsure, you should seek advice from a tax advisor. HSBC cannot provide tax advice.
FATCA Self Certification Form for Entities: Please read this document carefully to ensure you meet the conditions. This is set out in the first section of the form. General instructions for completing the form are attached.
FATCA Self Certification Form for Individuals: This form is for use by Individuals to confirm their FATCA status. Entities should complete the FATCA Self Certification Form for Entities.
W-9 form: This is the withholding certificate referred to as a ‘W-9’ on the IRS website. This form is completed to confirm US tax status.
W-8 forms: External site: Link opens in an overlay This is a link to the withholding certificates referred to as ‘W-8s’ on the IRS website. This is a series of forms that are completed to confirm non-US tax status.
(Page last updated August 2018)
- Frequently asked questions documentDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- FATCA Self Certification Form for EntitiesDownload Word: Link opens in a new window
- FATCA Self Certification Form for IndividualsDownload Word: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN form Download PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN-E formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 form customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN-E form customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- Withholding statementsDownload Excel: Link opens in a new window