Commercial Banking – Belgium
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a new piece of legislation by the United States Department of Treasury (Treasury) and the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to counter tax evasion in the US. HSBC is committed to being fully FATCA compliant in all countries where we operate, in accordance with the legislative timeline.
In Belgium, the principles of FATCA have been brought into our local law. This means that HSBC may need to provide information on US accounts to the local tax authority, the Federal Public Service Finance.
In order to establish your tax status, we need to obtain certain documents. These documents are IRS tax forms that will enable you to declare and confirm your tax status to us for the purposes of FATCA.
Please send the completed document to us at this address: HSBC Bank plc, Square de Meeūs 23, 1000 Brussels, Belgium; or hand it in to the team at your local branch. Should you have problems printing the form you need, please contact your local branch.
Please read the information carefully and select the document that you need to confirm your tax status to us.
W-9 form: This is the withholding certificate referred to as a ‘W-9’ on the IRS website. This form is completed to confirm US tax status.
W-8 forms: External site: Link opens in an overlay: This is a link to the withholding certificates referred to as ‘W-8s’ on the IRS website. This is a series of forms that are completed to confirm non-US tax status.
In order to provide customers with further support when completing IRS W forms, we have provided some additional customer guidance for the forms W-9, W-8BEN: Form customer guidance: Download PDF: Link opens in a new window and W-8BEN-E.
(Page last updated July 2014)
- Frequently asked questionsDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- Glossary of FATCADownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN-E formDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-9 form customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN form customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- W-8BEN-E form customer guidanceDownload PDF: Link opens in a new window
- Withholding statementsDownload Excel: Link opens in a new window